Life is all about first impressions, and this is as true of homes as it is of people. Your house’s positive physical appearance from the street is known as curb appeal. What does your house say to those passing by? Try these professional designer recommendations to enhance character and charm at the same time you raise resale value.
Cardea Building Co..
1. Sugar coat. Apply decorative siding and detailed moldings that accentuate your home’s time for immediate eye candy that will keep heads turning. But bear in mind, less is always more.
Jeffrey Gordon Smith Landscape Architecture
2. Avant-garage. Glass garage doors may take any home from traditional to modern super fast. Do not fret about unruly organization inside — a range of window options are available that can control the degree of privacy and light.
Westover Landscape Design, Inc..
3. Groundbreaking event. Dig up the first layer of front yard and install continuous flagstone steps from the sidewalk to the house for an eye-pleasing path. Go the extra mile and design an adjoining patio from the exact same stone.
Best Builders ltd
4. Picture perfect. The traditional brick paver sidewalk, combined with a fencing and impeccable flower beds, provides timeless charm.
Charlie & Co.. Design, Ltd
5. Architectural eyeliner. Forgo over-the-top flower beds, plants and baskets, and stick with classic and timeless shrubbery. This appearance will outline your architectural components rather than camouflage them. Neat and orderly never seemed so great.
6. Fashion your driveway. Get the latest look straight from a magazine for this fashionable driveway of grass and concrete pavers. Your haute drive will have people talking.
7. Light up your life. Illuminate the entrance to your residence with a pendant light and matching sconces for that designer feel. Nothing says, “We are home” just like a fully lit porch.
Josh and Malissa McCulloch
8. Flower power. Flowers are one of the least expensive methods to create the front of your residence blossom with curb appeal. For all those with a green thumb, sprucing up your house will never be really fun.
9. Focal door. Set the emphasis on the entrance of your house by painting your front door a contrasting colour in the house — it is the easiest and most inexpensive way to enhance the outside of your house. Bam! Immediate character.
Woodburn & Company Landscape Architecture, LLC
10. Shutter in anticipation. Install functional or decorative dividers into your house’s windows to get an instantaneous change. Paint them a contrasting colour to the outside and watch as your mature house gets fresh.
Curb Appeal Begs Your Attention
DIY Curb Appeal
20 Products to Pretty Your Front Porch